There are no shortcuts, and no easy wins — everything you want to achieve is difficult. The sooner you get your mindset set to go for the difficult right over the easy wrong, the sooner you will succeed.
- When your alarm goes off at 5 in the morning and it’s time to go for a run, do you hit the snooze button or do you get up?
- When you want to lose weight, do you eat that hamburger because you feel like it — or do you stick to your diet?
- Do you actually start that business you’ve been dreaming of, or are you too scared to even try?
- Did something wrong and lied about it, instead of telling the truth?
- Do you stay in a relationship you deep inside know isn’t right, just so you don’t have to be alone?
All easy wrongs vs. difficult rights. It’s human nature to avoid taking the road less traveled, but once you realize that this is how we naturally think and act — it’s easier to start changing that mindset.